Monday 6 May 2013

April Favourites - Skincare + More!

I thought this month as I have so much to show you (and sadly I'm loving too many things!!) that I'd break my 'favourites' video into two.

The first video is a very important one - SKINCARE.


Uriage Bariederm Creme 
I feel like I've discovered the Holy Grail in a way. I've never been a fan of hand creme as I've always found them to be very oily, greasy and basically just sit on top of your skin. Eww!

So, with a lot of convincing at a trade show I decided to try this creme and to my pleasant  surprise it was amazing. The creamy product when rubbed into your hands transformed into a liquid/watery texture then disappeared into my skin - gone! The formula adds a waterproof barrier and protects the epidermis which makes this ideal for anyone with skin irritation or everyday environmental stresses.

http://www.makeupandglow.com.au/Uriage-mid-86-p-1.html
http://www.cosmetiquesdefrance.com.au




La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo, Effaclar A.I. & Lipikar Lait

'For over 30 years, La Roche-Posay has worked with dermatologists throughout the world to invent skincare and make-up products that meet the needs and requirements of sensitive skin, by selecting leading dermatological active ingredients, associated with La Roche-Posay thermal spring water'.

They are amazing!! The three products I've been trying over the last month have definitely delivered results. As mentioned in the video, I often experience breakouts particularly around my jaw/chin area which indicates its hormonal. I cant say its acne or even pimples as such but more smaller bumps under the skin which can look rough (I loathe it!!). Anyway with the help of both the Effaclar products I certainly feel I have it under control.

The body moisturiser feels quite luxurious and very moisturising. It has left my skin feeling very supple and definitely stayed like that until the next application. This is great for drier skin and definitely an ideal winter saver.



         

    









http://prod.au.lrp-portal.com/points-of-sale/Australia/store-locator-sl.aspx


Bioderma Sebium H20
Hello!!!! Have you not listened to me for the last 5 years - I want to marry this stuff! I have been an addict to their Bioderma Crealine H20 and decided to recently give the Sebium H20 for combination skin a go. It cleanses exceptionally well and doesn't feel like its stripping your skin of its natural 'must needed' oils. Unlike its sister product (Crealine H20) it cant be used around the eye area so please avoid that area.

Bioderma Sebium H20



http://www.makeupandglow.com.au
http://www.cosmetiquesdefrance.com.au


Smith's Rosebud Salve Review
A cult product amongst local and international makeup artist, Smith's Rosebud Salve is a lovely scented, moisturising lip balm. Great in the cooler months to assist in replenishing all that lost moisture from the harsh environment but also ideal in summer a lovely soft gloss look. I find a lot of lip balms/ointments much of a muchness, the difference I find with this one is the texture, scent and longevity!




http://makeupandglow.com.au/Rosebud-Salve-Tube-p-17011.html


Shu Uemura Ultime8 Beauty Cleansing Oil

"Shu Uemura cleansing oil was developed from the knowledge that Mr. Uemura gained while working as a foremost Hollywood makeup artist in the 1950s. The Secret to Shu Uemura cleansing oil is protecting the skin's delicate balance while removing make-up and impurities in a single step."

This has fast become a favourite of mine. I love that I can cleanse my whole face with it (including eyes) at the same time. The honest truth is I'm time poor and the thought of using 17 different products kills me. The oil is gentle and cleanse makeup and impurities really well. It's a common phobia that people with oily or combination skin refrain from using this type of formula due to the fear of breaking out. I'm here to tell you its phenomenal!! You will love it.



http://shuuemura.com.au


Diptyque Rose Duet Candle
I adore nice smelly things and this is one of them. Although expensive and totally luxurious I find these candles to last, and the perfume it produces when burning is true to the scent and lingers for a long time. Even when its not burning the gorgeous smell is still in the air......

http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/shop/Diptyque/LtdEdRoseDuetCandle/


Diptyque 34 Boulevard St Germain
And finally my new love - Diptyque 34 Boulevard St Germain. Again another pricey one from the brand but with any boutique brand the product is generally inferior to all its counterparts.

'Developed around a chypre backbone, the base notes of wood and balms add comfort and create addiction. It is a rich and voluptuous fragrance which is suitable for men and women'.

The scent is dark and woody and will have everyone asking what you're wearing!'



http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/shop/Diptyque/34BoulevardSaintGermainEDT/