Friday 24 June 2011

So feeling sorry for myself!

Ok, so Im at home, sick and feeling completely sorry for myself…..you'd think Im a man! 


By mistake, I took a glimpse in the mirror and almost dry-reached at the site of my complexion. If feeling like death isn't enough I now look like it. So I guess this is where the topic of foundation comes into it.


I loathe the site of foundation on people. It shouldn't be used to render your face (yes, growing up I too was a victim of this) but instead it should be used to even out your skin tone and often enhance it. 


Obviously if you are blessed with good skin a light tinted moisturiser or sheer foundation such as MAC Face & Body or Chanel Pro Lumiere is more then sufficient. For people with problem skin DON'T think you have to wear a very thick cover - if anything it will only draw more attention to your skin. Choose a long lasting, good coverage foundation such as Lancome Teint Idole Utlral 14hr or Mac Studio Fix and set with a translucent powder to help it set. The trick is to blend blend and blend!














My all time favourite that suits most skin types is Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF 20. It has an incredible finish, lasts forever and protects your skin against horrible UV rays. I use this on most brides and on the majority of shoots!! Its not cheap but worth every $.